The Time is Ripe for Pears: Retail RD Social Media Contest
Can you name the pear that pairs best with cheese? Did you know that pears are unique from their tree fruit brothers and sisters as they ripen from the inside out? Do pears ripen once picked from the tree?
For all these reasons and more, the time is ripe for a retail RD social media contest all about pears. Through this contest, retail RDs can share insights on pear farming, pear pairings, selection and storage, and pear varieties in a Facebook live segment or video for their shoppers. Or, if cooking is your thing, you can demo a Stemilt pear recipe in the shoot.
One random winner will be select from all those who enter this contest. The prize? Registration for RDBA’s new Rising in the Ranks Professional Development Program for retail dietitians, a $600 value. The six-month virtual program begins in May.
How to Enter
To enter this contest, create a video and post it to your retailer’s social media sites or host a Facebook Live segment on Stemilt pears. The segment/video must include the following:
- Interesting facts about pears or a pear recipe demo. Suggestions and recommended messages can be found at https://www.stemilt.com/fruits/fruit-categories/pears/. The recipe featured must be a Stemilt recipe.
- The segment/video must focus on one or more of any pear varieties. D’Anjou, Red d’Anjou and Bosc are the most common pears you’ll find this time of year.
- Mention of why you as a dietitian believe the time is ripe for pears.
- Participating dietitians must tag @Stemilt on the post or Facebook Live event.
The video/segment must be posted during the month of March 2019.
Stemilt will provide a $25 Visa gift card in reimbursement to the first 10 people who conduct their Facebook live segment and include a paid boost on the post.
By April 5th, send the following to email@example.com:
- Name, credentials, title, retailer, e-mail address of submitter.
- Link to your company’s social media post.
- Number of views, likes, and comments on the post.
- Invoice for the $25 paid boost.
The Retail Dietitians Business Alliance (RDBA) in partnership with Stemilt Growers is launching a social media contest, with a winning prize of registration for Rising in the Ranks professional development program, a $600 value. Social videos that include all required elements will be entered into a drawing to win the prize. No purchase is required to enter, and the winner will be randomly selected by Stemilt Growers.
Specific rules of the contest are:
- You must be a dietitian employed by or consulting to a retail grocer and a current member of RDBA.
- To qualify for prize, you must include all elements to advance to the drawing.
- You must use at least one pear variety (d’Anjou, Red d’Anjou, and Bosc preferred).
The contest winner will be notified by April 15th.
If you have any questions on the contest, please contact RDBA Executive Director Annette Maggi, MS, RDN, LD, FAND at firstname.lastname@example.org.