House Foods Tofu Boost: A Plant Based Recipe Contest
Enter now to win $1,000 stipend to education conference of your choice!
One of the hottest trends in 2018 is the movement towards more frequent plant-forward meals. From family favorites like tacos to trending items such as bowls and meatless burgers, there are countless ways for your shoppers to choose vegetarian meals more frequently.
Today, we’re announcing an opportunity for you to help you shoppers experience plant-forward options that are protein-packed and taste amazing. House Foods in partnership with the Retail Dietitians Business Alliance are launching the Tofu Boost: A Plant Based Recipe Contest, with a winning prize of a $1,000 stipend for an education conference of your choice. Recipes must feature tofu; recipes will be judged on how well they showcase that tofu is a versatile ingredient that can be incorporated into many different dishes and is fun to cook with. Get your shoppers involved too; garner their feedback by posting the recipe to your social media accounts.
Specific rules of the contest are:
- You must be a dietitian employed by or consulting to a retail grocer and a current member of RDBA.
- Recipes must be vegetarian/plant-based, and use House Foods brand of tofu.
- The contest is open to recipes created for any meal of the day; recipes should be family friendly.
- Recipe nutrition should be in line with recommendations in the 2015 Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
- Contest submissions must include a photo of the recipe; the photo quality is not included in the contest judging.
- Recipes must be original and not previously published or won other awards.
To enter the contest, enter the following information into this link by April 27, 2018:
- Name, credentials, title, retailer, e-mail address of submitter.
- Category of the recipe (breakfast, snack, appetizer, etc.).
- Name and short description of recipe, recipe with format of "Ingredients" and "Directions," and number of servings. Exact ingredient measurements should be listed and equipment needed for recipe included.
- If nutrition analysis software is available, please provide nutrition for one serving of the recipe.
- A photo of the recipe.
Note: For those who reside in Canada, House Foods tofu is available at Asian grocery stores.
If you have any questions on the contest, please contact RDBA Executive Director Annette Maggi, MS, RDN, LD, FAND at email@example.com.