FNCE 2021: How Retail RDs Can Maximize the Experience
With FNCE just weeks away, it’s the perfect time to start planning how you can maximize the experience. To help in your planning, RDBA is providing information on suggested sessions to attend and booths to visit.
RDBA Sponsors at FNCE
The Retail Dietitians Business Alliance is fortunate to work with a variety of food companies and organizations that support the work of retail dietitians. Below is a list of our valued partners who are exhibiting at FNCE next month. We encourage you to stop by their virtual booths to understand how they support the work of retail dietitians and to show them some love!
The a2 Milk Company: Stop by to learn why a2 Milk® is easier on digestion and may help some avoid discomfort. They’ll share new science and product updates, plus how to access coupons, materials and samples so your customers can taste the uncompromising quality of a2 Milk® for themselves. Contact: Katie Proctor, MBA, RDN firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cannedbeans.org is partnering with Sharon Palmer, RDN, the Plant-Powered Dietitian, to promote the great taste, convenience, nutrition, and versatility of canned beans. Cannedbeans.org will host a sweepstakes at its booth, providing seventy-five randomly selected registrants a signed copy of Sharon Palmer’s recent book, “California Vegan. Inspiration and Recipes from the People and Places of the Golden State.” Following FNCE, the lucky winners will be invited to join an exclusive interactive, virtual session to cook alongside Sharon and learn quick and easy tips for cooking with pantry staples.
Kellogg’s: Stop by the Kellogg booth at FNCE for exciting group chats with a host of experts including Taylor Newman, PHD, RDN from Kroger on Food as Medicine on Sunday at 12:00 EST, a group of experts on Sustainable Food Systems Sunday at 2:30 EST, Ben Schorr, Senior Manager of Philanthropy on Hunger and the Role of the Dietitian on Monday at 12 EST, and Wendy Yeager and/or April Hemmes on Tuesday at 3:30 EST to Meet US Soy Farmers.
Sessions of Interest to Retail RDs
The following are FNCE sessions that may be of interest to retail dietitians.
- Foundation Symposium: Food as Medicine – Practical Applications for Registered Dietitians Across Practice Settings presented by Allison Yoder, MA, RDN, LD, Nutrition in Food Retail Program Development Fellow at the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation and Krystal Register, MS, RDN, LDN, Director of Health & Well-being at FMI-The Food Industry Association.
- Cart to Counter: Leveraging Personality Data and Technology to Boost the Grocery Experience with RDBA’s Executive Director Annette Maggi, MS, RDN, LD, FAND.
- Lab-Grown Meat: What You Need to Know About its Place on the Plate
- Expanding Online Retail in Federal Nutrition Programs: Lessons Learned from the COVID-19 Pandemic
- The Genie Is Out of the Bottle: Telehealth 2.0
- Ethical Implications of Supplement Sales and Recommendations