Apply Now to be the 2023 Retail RD of the Year
The Retail Dietitian Business Alliance is now accepting applications for the 2023 Retail Dietitian of the Year Award. This award recognizes a professional who shows leadership in utilizing business skills and industry knowledge to positively impact consumer behavior change through the retail sector. The award, including $500 to be used towards professional development, will be presented at the RDBA Virtual Experience on April 20. The RDBA Advisory Board and Executive Committee will review all applications and determine the award winner.
Criteria for the award are as follows:
- Applicant must be a registered dietitian as well as a current member of RDBA.
- Applicant must have been employed by a retail company for a minimum of one year.
- Applicant may be a full-time consultant (minimum of 30 hours per week) to the retailer with a minimum one-year ongoing relationship with said retailer.
- Award application must include:
- Description of the retail RDs current role (in 300 words or less).
- Description of how the retail RD has positively impacted consumer behavior change (directly or indirectly) over the past 12 months through merchandising, marketing, community outreach, and/or consumer education (in 500 words or less).
- Explanation of how retail RD’s business skills and industry knowledge have impacted his/her effectiveness in the role over the past 12 months (in 300 words or less).
- One letter of support, from a direct supervisor or partner within or external to the retailer, which specifically address the applicant’s business and industry knowledge and expertise.
- RDBA members may nominate a colleague; self-nominations will also be accepted.
The application deadline is Friday, February 17, 2023. The winner will be notified by March 24, 2023, and the award presented at the RDBA Virtual Experience on April 20th.
Click here to complete the award application for yourself or a colleague.