Retail RD Blenditarian Recipe Contest Announced
Show us you’re a blenditarian! The meat and mushroom Blend is one of the easiest things you'll ever use to make meals more nutritious, delicious and sustainable. The Blend is better for health, flavor, sustainability and family budgets. Do better for your shoppers by creating an original recipe for this contest using The Blend, that seamlessly mixes finely chopped mushrooms with meat.
This is your chance to flex your creative muscle and show your culinary chops. The Retail Dietitians Business Alliance (RDBA) in partnership with The Mushroom Council is launching a recipe contest, with a winning prize of a $1,000 stipend for an education conference of your choice. The winning recipe will be featured at the RDBA networking event at FNCE 2017 in Chicago. Recipes will be judged on creative use of the blend, appropriateness for use in demoing or for a retail fresh department, and flavor by a panel of RDBA Advisory Board members and The Mushroom Council team.
Specific rules of the contest are:
- You must be a dietitian employed by or consulting to a retail grocer and a current member of RDBA.
- Recipes must use The Blend, mixing finely chopped mushrooms with meat (beef, lamb, poultry, etc.). For blend recipe development tips, check out the Mushroom Council’s A Recipe for Success: Best Practices for Developing Blend Recipes at Retail.
- Recipes must use white button and/or cremini (brown) mushrooms.
- Recipes must be appropriate for use in an in-store or media demo or for pitching to a fresh department of your store (deli, meat, RTH, RTE).
- The contest is open to recipes created for any meal of the day; recipes should be family friendly.
- Recipe nutrition should be in line with recommendations in the 2015 Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
- Contest submissions must include a photo of the recipe; the photo quality is not included in the contest judging.
- Recipes must be original and not previously published or won other awards.
- Upon entering the contest you agree to assign rights to RDBA and The Mushroom Council to use your recipe and credit its development to you. You also agree to hold both entities harmless.
To enter the contest, enter the following information here by May 8, 2017:
- Name, credentials, title, retailer, e-mail address of submitter.
- Category of the recipe (breakfast, snack, appetizer, etc.).
- Name and short description of recipe, recipe with format of "Ingredients" and "Directions," and number of servings. Exact ingredient measurements should be listed and equipment needed for recipe included.
- If nutrition analysis software is available, please provide nutrition for one serving of the recipe.
- A photo of the recipe.
If you have any questions on the contest, please contact RDBA Executive Director Annette Maggi, MS, RDN, LD, FAND at email@example.com.